Thursday, January 17, 2008

Italy through MacKenzie’s Eyes (2006)

MacKenzie has her own digital camera, and she took quite a few photos herself when we were in Italy. I figured I’d share her perspective so you can try to see Italy through the eyes of an 8-year-old. The commentary below is in her own words too. Enjoy!

This is the Leaning Tower of Pisa with a statue, but I don’t know what it’s called.

That’s another picture of the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the side of the Cathedral with Mommy and Benjamin in the picture.

That’s a picture of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the statue and Zachary in the corner.





The dome with the tip on top is the dome of St. Peter’s Basilica, which is where we saw the pope. I took this picture from the Orange Garden.

Both of these fountains are in the Orange Garden.





This is the Roman Colosseum with Mommy and Benjamin in it. It was really big and at the inside at the bottom they kept lions.


That is in a church with Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus. The chains in the back are called St. Peter’s Chains.

This is how I saw the pope. Where the big red curtains are, with the people, that’s where the pope is standing. I saw him better on the screen.

That’s the Christmas tree in St. Peter’s Square.












Both of these pictures are in Pompeii.



I thought Pompeii was cool because of all the puppy dogs.



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
These pictures with the puppy dogs are also in Pompeii. They are stray dogs.



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All the puppy dogs were everywhere we went.



This is the edge of Pompeii.


These two dogs were lying in the street where we bought all of our souvenirs.

The mountain in the back is Mount Vesuvius, the volcano that destroyed Pompeii.

Those cats are in Sorrento, and I took pictures of them because they are cute.

These cats are also in Sorrento.







Those houses are on the cliff on the Island of Capri. I would like to live in one of those houses, but I would be scared of falling.


These two pictures are from the top of the cliff.

You can see the funicular line that we rode to the top of the cliff.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



This picture is in the garden, looking down to the bay.


This picture is of the back of the island.








I took the picture of these rocks because I thought it was cool because they’re kind of like a cliff in the water.


This is another big rock in the water.

This is a seagull looking for food. In the end, it found pizza to eat.

That is the boat leaving the Island of Capri.








That is a better picture of the dome of St. Peter’s Basilica.


Those are funny people with faces outside in the Vatican.

That is a garden with a beautiful fountain in the Vatican gardens.
These next two pictures are also in the Vatican. That is an acorn with two peacocks.

This is a stone with some weird shapes.

I loved my visit to Italy because I loved the spaghetti because it tastes the best. I was tired on Christmas because I stayed up very late listening to the pope.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?