Tuesday, October 09, 2007

What a Cake!

Yes, my birthday was yesterday. I’m proud to say I’m another year older, although I certainly don’t feel as old as my birth certificate states I am! But, greeting my birthday each year certainly beats the alternative...so bring ’em on!
We were out and about yesterday, which meant the kids didn’t get to finish decorating my cake last night (we baked it, but it wasn’t cool enough to frost), so we opted for an alternate dessert yesterday until the kids could put the finishing touches on the cake tonight.

Since I have a fall birthday, we went with a Halloween-themed cake. MacKenzie was in charge of adding sprinkles, and if you look closely, cock your head sideways and squint your eyes, they actually spell out “Happy Birthday.” Benjamin was in charge of adding candy corns, although I think half of them made their way into his mouth. Zachary was in charge of the candles, and he found a creative way to represent my age without setting off the smoke alarm. What a wonderful group effort to produce a stupendous celebratory cake that easily rivals the best cakes in the world (no offense intended to my grandmother and Aunt Mildred, who used to make the best cakes in the world as a side business)!

Of course, we now have plenty of cake to last for a while...then comes the plethora of Halloween candy and Zachary’s birthday celebration followed by the overindulgence of Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts. Can I just go ahead and slather a few extra pounds on me now and get it over with?

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Happy Birthday- that cake does look good!
 
What teamwork to produce such a beautiful cake! Great job!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?