Sunday, October 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Juliet

On Friday evening, MacKenzie and I headed out for a Girl Scout Bonfire and Song Fest to honor Juliet Gordon Low’s birthday. Juliet is the founder of Girl Scouts, and her birthday is October 31. The girls had fun singing a variety of traditional and newer Girl Scout songs.

Here are some of the girls in MacKenzie’s troop singing one of the more movement-involved songs: the Jellyfish song.

Every troop had an opportunity to get in front of the bonfire and lead a song. MacKenzie’s troop decided to lead “If You’re Cheering for the Boy Scouts…” Yes, I’m up there with them. Once again, I’m MacKenzie’s co-leader. Her leader couldn’t make it to the bonfire this evening, so I kept watch over them. They didn’t really need me to help lead everyone in song, especially since everyone in attendance seemed to know this song as well. I suppose it’s one of the newer favorites...especially since it’s a dig on Boy Scouts.

We also sang “Happy Birthday” to Juliet Gordon Low and shared cupcakes in her honor.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?