Monday, November 10, 2008

Soave Deals

The second full day of our Italy excursion, we headed to the nearby town of Soave to peruse the wares at its weekend market. I was surprised to see the city wall surrounded by a moat -- talk about the classic “castle walls” that I used to draw as a kid! But this was not castle, just a centuries-old town with its city wall still intact.

Please excuse the white blur in the middle of these photos -- I bought a pocket camera so I wouldn’t have t lug my SLR around everywhere, but dropped it in some water since it’s so small. It still works, but many photos end up having the white blur in the middle. Grrr.

I loved how the vendors lined up their wares along the streets, complete with striped umbrellas to protect from possible rain (which arrived just as we left).

I found some chandelier pieces and strands of crystal (to use as garland) for my Christmas tree here. There were quite a few unique shapes and designs, and I could have easily picked out more if I had unlimited funds -- but, alas, the pocketbook won out. I still liked the timeless feel of the market, with the “Vino & Vino” building next to one of the main entrances to the city.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?