Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sugar & Spice

The Walker clan continues to grow! My cousin Lealane had her first child last night--Olivia Dawn Sanders was born Oct. 9 at 5:43 pm weighing 7 lbs, 1 oz, and measuring 20.5” long. Olivia’s Aunt Hannah said she’s a beautiful blonde, while her Great-Grandmother Buie said she has red-blonde hair. Guess I’ll have to wait for some photos to see for myself.

Granny Buie also said that Lealane may never get her hands on Olivia since Brian wants to hold her all the time--such a proud Daddy!!

I kept telling Lealane that we needed to keep the family tradition going of sharing October birthdays. My mom and Aunt Gail share a birthday. My cousin Sam and niece Rachel share a birthday. So, it only made sense that Olivia and I should share a birthday. But, alas, Olivia had other plans…she wanted her own special day--the day AFTER my birthday. I guess that’s close enough that we can celebrate together. Just wish I didn’t have to wait so long before I have an opportunity to see her in person.

I bet my Aunt Gail and Uncle Sam are ecstatic to have two beautiful granddaughters. And with how close their mothers were growing up (and still are), I expect Ava and Olivia will soon be best of friends as well.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?