Tuesday, February 24, 2009

All On His Own

Sometimes I’m amazed at how big my “baby” is getting. I know Zachary and MacKenzie were very self-sufficient by the time they were 5, but I’m really not ready for my baby to grow up (although I’m very thankful he’s past the “diaper stage”).

Benjamin often helps me make his lunch for school. He’s very particular about how he likes his sandwiches. Usually, he simply wants a peanut butter sandwich (his sister’s favorite too). But last week he opted for PBJ. After he spread peanut butter on one half of the bread and jelly on the other half -- yes, both on the same slice of bread, he licked off the butter knife (that’s such a treat around here).

Then he folded the sandwich in half since neatly cutting it in half simply won’t work -- must be something about the jagged edge of the sandwich. He then managed to cut off the crust while only using one hand -- he wouldn’t touch the sandwich to hold it still while doing so.

Finally, the sandwich went into the bag. Other favorites in his lunch box: vanilla pudding, “Scoobie snacks” (Graham cracker sticks shaped like dog biscuits), “drinking yogurt,” fruit snacks, and mandarin oranges. He usually takes three of these items in addition to his sandwich, juice and water.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?