Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mother’s Day from the Heart

I had to work on Mother’s Day, but I was fortunate enough to not have to be in at 6 a.m. like every day the previous week. So, that gave Zachary and MacKenzie enough time to make and serve me breakfast in bed. As always, it’s the highlight of my Mother’s Day. This year was no different -- including more than enough food for at least two breakfasts, straight from their hearts!

This year’s menu included scrambled eggs (scrambled by my son who doesn’t like any type of eggs), two slices of toast (well-buttered by my butter-loving daughter) and a bowl of cereal. They even woke up Benjamin when it was time to shower me with gifts so he wouldn’t be left out. Of course, in keeping with the traditional kids’ crafts gifts, my gifts were variations on flower pots (craft-type flowers made from ink pens sitting in a pot of beans, and another set growing in a glass of M&Ms).

But, the gift that tugged at my heart the most was one of MacKenzie’s cards (she made quite a few). This particular one was a simple sheet of paper folded into the shape of an envelope with a handwritten message reading:

Dear Mommy,
Thank you for teaching me my manners and telling me that I am pretty and that I can do anything if I set my mind to it. I {heart} U
Happy Mothers Day


My eyes teared up as I read her note. I must be doing something right, and she’s paying attention. What a wonderful young lady she’s becoming!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?