Sunday, December 10, 2006

Pep-a-ma-ma-ma Pizza

Benjamin absolutely loves pepperoni, which he calls "pep-a-ma-ma-ma," so when he sees us pull it out to make pizza, he’s quickly in the kitchen digging into the bag to snitch a few slices. Tonight was no different.
Zachary and MacKenzie also enjoy helping make pizza...so they, too, can snitch a couple bites of pepperoni, sausage or sliced mushrooms. It’s really a great bargain -- I get help making supper, and they get to nibble before it’s even in the oven.

Of course, supper is always better when you get to snitch ahead of time and when you help make it. Benjamin ate every bite of his pizza tonight!
Since I’m on the theme of Benjamin’s antics, I might as well share two of his other recent escapades. MacKenzie was still working on her homework a couple nights ago when I got him started with his bath. However, I didn’t sit in there with him the entire time. So...when I walked in to check on him, I discovered that he’d turned the bath water BLUE! He had dumped almost an entire bottle of finger-paint soap into the water to create the colorful aquatic scene, and was quite proud of himself for doing so. Fortunately, I had only allowed him to keep one bottle next to the tub, otherwise I’m sure he would have dumped the pink and yellow ones as well, to create a wonderful brown color. Whew!
Tonight, he discovered remnants of one of MacKenzie’s candy necklaces and ran off with it. She was already in bed with a slight fever, so was totally unaware. But, he was bound and determined to have some candy before I brushed his teeth, so he hid in a new hiding spot -- behind his bedroom door. He always keeps his door open and flush with the front of his bookshelf. That allows just enough space for him to hide behind the door without it being an obvious hiding spot. When I first discovered him (after a short chuckle at his creative hiding spot), I reminded him that he had MacKenzie’s candy. His reply was that he only wanted “one piece.” Then he quickly stated “just two pieces…three pieces…four pieces…five pieces” (while holding up five fingers for emphasis). Then he started eating it. By the time it was all said and done, he had devoured the entire candy necklace.

I doubt MacKenzie will even realize it’s gone since she’d left it out for a few days now. Oh well, there’s no getting it back now!

Labels: ,


Comments:
I love to hear Ben stories and always get a good chuckle from them. I think the blue bath water looks very inviting!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?